Join by November 30, 2021 and receive 6 months free membership!
We, Debbie Peters, Margot Holmes and Inga Petri, conceived of The Pitch over a scrumptious dinner in Whitehorse, Yukon in August of 2019. We believed that a digital showcase would greatly increase opportunities for artists and presenters to meet and to book tours. And we believed that it would enhance the traditional showcasing model with mutual benefits for agents and presenting networks.
We wanted to build a robust, secure tool that could facilitate greater market access for artists who were often relegated to the edges of the mainstream either due to geography, identity or genre. By going digital we would be able to showcase full theatre and dance productions with ease as well as a wider breadth of touring ready works from all performing arts disciplines.
We received notification of funding from the Canada Council for the Arts’ Digital Strategy Fund in March 2020, just as the COVID-19 pandemic response shuttered much of regular life and the live arts began to turn into one of the hardest hit sectors. With COVID, our work became both urgent and necessary at an entirely different level than we had anticipated.
At the heart of The Pitch is a simple desire:
To make more performing artists more discoverable by more presenters more often.
As a digital B2B marketplace we will enlarge the number of artists from a wide range of disciplines (music, theatre, dance, storytelling, comedy and other live performances), genres, cultural backgrounds and we will grow the number of presenters they are introduced to and establish relationships with.
Meet our multi-disciplinary team of partners, business and marketing experts and technology developers.
- Debbie Peters (Whitehorse, YT), Magnum Opus Management email@example.com
- Margot Holmes (Nanaimo, BC), Caline Artists International
- Eoin Ó Catháin (Montreal, QC)
- Laurie Gillis (Halifax, NS), Atlantic Presenters Association
- Inga Petri, Strategic Moves (Whitehorse, YT); Project Manager, Strategy and Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret Lam, Octagram (Waterloo, ON); Design Lead/Design Researcher
- Amine El, Octagram (Waterloo, ON); System Architect / Technical Lead
- Nicholas Li (Toronto, ON); Video Production Consulting
- Catherine Moore (Toronto, ON); Strategic Business Advisor
- Julie Haddow, Customer Success Specialist (Victoria, BC) email@example.com